Volunteer Action for Change Kenya
About Volunteer Action for Change Kenya
Volunteer Action for Change Kenya (VACK) is a voluntary service organization whose aim is to bring people from different cultures to work together towards a common goal hence breaking down cultural stereotypes and lead to greater international understanding and peace. We do this by volunteer programme which works on offering services to community projects across Kenya where both local and international volunteers are involved.
Volunteer Action for Change Kenya (VACK) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides services using the voluntarism approach that is aimed at enhancing the development process and service delivery of community development initiatives. Our activities are geared towards the promotion of peace, understanding, justice, development, and information exchange among Kenyans and within the international community.
Vision: A society in which everyone has access to opportunities that are fulfilling and engaging, which contributes to the development of community initiatives and the betterment of the society life
Mission: A society in which the dignity of every person is safeguarded and promoted, in which each individual person may enjoy fundamental liberties, have access to resources and services, have the possibility to live in a healthy environment and improve the quality of life in all aspects; a global society in which every single individual and all communities have the right of self-determination consistent with the cultural rights of other peoples and every man and woman on earth. This is realized by giving a change to the youths, women and community members a chance to be actively involved in the development process in the event realizing self-development through service delivery.
Strategic Objective: To recognize young people and women as a valuable resource to society development, and upholding their rights to participate in the development of policies affecting them by means of a continuous structured dialogue with young people, women and youth organizations.
- To improve youth and women enterprise capacity through training
- Supporting development of experimental projects and programmes to try out new and innovative ideas and to exchange good practices
- Enhance the mobilization of resources in realizing sustainable community development initiatives
- To create awareness and sensitize local communities, especially women and youth concerning environment friendly development.
- To assist community resource centres to overcome their challenges and establish viable activities
- To promote responsible attitudes for HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care by increasing the level of awareness especially among the youth
- To help young people to gain a greater understanding and respect for their own traditions and those of others by engaging in programmes that reflect the principles of equality, diversity and inter dependence.
- Voluntary Services: We offer both short and Long term voluntary placement. Our short term projects: workcamps are organized for duration of three weeks that bring together a group of volunteers from different nationalities.
- Capacity Building: management, organizational development, leadership, community development
- Enterprise Development: offering trainings focusing on business development, micro-finance and social enterprise development
- Youth Mobility and Exchange: Giving a chance to the youth to participate in sustainable development initiatives at the same time create space for skills development and intercultural exchange and learning
- Non-formal education
P.O. Box 1376-00515 Buruburu, Nairobi – Kenya
Tel: +254 770050626 Mobile: +254 723733124/725018980